Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Background

What is it that defines this day and age? Honestly, it is technology, and the rapid pace that it changes at. I am grateful to my father who has allowed me the opportunity to be exposed to recent technology. I laugh because he wants me to be more "hip" with the latest and the greatest, but there are times that I do not feel like I need it. I feel like I have enough background to get me through. Yet, months later, I think, maybe I should take him up on that, it would be nice to have this or that.
Technology wise, I know the basics. I know how to use word, excel, powerpoint, the internet, I've never uploaded a video onto anything, but I certainly enjoy podcasts. I'm not afraid to learn more, but I like help at learning how to do new things, I don't like being left in the dark to figure things out.
I remember a funny experience that has to do with my progress in technology, when I first came to college I would instant message my brother to ask questions about chemistry, and he would say, look it up online, that is what I am doing..... I've learned a lot from using google.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post . . . it is amazing how much information can be found online - though sometimes it is not always easy to find. I look forward to having you in the class - your positive attitude will certainly help make your learning fun.

    I was looking for requirement #3 on your blog and couldn't find it. http://open.byu.edu/ipt286/assignments/assignment-2-personal-learning-environment/

    Did I miss it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily- check out commoncraft.com... it's awesome. My professor uses it for everything!

    ReplyDelete