Friday, May 8, 2009

Finding How to Reach Students

There are many challenges that teachers have to face in order to teach the the core standards to students. One approach to overcoming this is to incorporate multimedia projects - especially when it can help to better explain a concept. As a teacher it is important to recognize what is legal to show or not, and honestly I had never really thought about the seriousness of this, but I am glad that I went through a copyright tutorial so that it
a) brought the issues to my attention, and
b) described what is allowed and what is not.
I found the most useful piece of the tutorial was the fair use video. Anyways, I decided that I wanted to demonstrate learning through multimedia and help show how limiting reactant problems are all around students, sometimes even in more complex terms than you find them in chemistry. But that they are still important and they help us to function in the society we live in. Hopefully it turns out well, but here is my idea....

1 comment:

  1. This is good - however you probably want to change your fair use link so that it goes to the actual website instead of linking to the link within moodle. When you do this nobody without a moodle account will be able to access the resource.

    ReplyDelete