Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Discovering New Tools

Guess what? I learned what a wiki is, and how to start to navigate it.... that is exciting. I am excited to get a webpage started, I am going to have to play with it more before I am excited about what I have created, but it is a start. This is the biggest thing that I said that I was excited to learn, so here we go.
It is difficult getting started with these new tools and not really knowing what they can do, so you don't really know how you are going to use them despite that you know they could be useful to you. But I have seen classroom websites that are really useful, so I am excited to get going with this one. I can see that it can be useful to have a place that students and parents can go that has a calendar with assignments/events past and coming up for the class. I can also see that it could be used as a great tool to feature future careers in chemistry or chemistry related fields.

O.k, another tool I learned how to use: Qualtrics - a free survey builder software. I am so excited to come up with good questions to use all of the question types.... like rank the order and side by side. I am so excited about this.


Well, I am just getting started for now, but here is my class website: Everydaychemistry

No comments:

Post a Comment